Thursday, July 7, 2011

Home Master Project List- Updated

Update: I've been MIA I know. Life just never seems to slow down, but I was excited to see that I had accomplished some of the projects on my list and hadn't even realized it!! :) Yay!!

I'm listing the projects that I want to do throughout the house and also the suggestions from my cousin Sunshine. Those from Sunshine will be listed as (COS- Compliments of Sunshine.)

As I start completing these projects I will post before/after pictures and highlight them on the list. There are some of these that will be quick to do and others that will take longer. That's what I like about this list is I can choose something based on how much time I have to devote at that moment. If you see something on my list and you know of any awesome deals or tips for completing the project I'll be forever grateful!! :)

Living Room
  • New Blinds
  • Window Treatment
  • Replace bottom molding of window frame
  • Sand and finish painting the molding around the door
  • Install light in ceiling
  • Sofa table

Kitchen
  • Take down border
  • Fix kitchen drawers- 1 down 2 to go.
  • Paint
  • Bead board
  • Replace light fixtures
  • Declutter cupboard above fridge
  • Go through cupboards and declutter

Back Door/ Stair Area
  • Use joint compound and paint over existing wallpaper (any takers for assistance?) COS
  • Take door off closet and implement shelving system w/baskets for each family member (This one I'm quite excited for...just to have to get all the details worked out.) COS
  • Hang other piece of railing up

My Bedroom
  • Hang long mirror on wall to help room appear larger COS
  • Headboard
  • Go through Shaun's closet and organize
  • Organize my closet and determine better method for shoes

Hollie's Bedroom
  • Move bed to center of wall rather than pushed up against the wall COS
  • Take down Princess decals to create a less cluttered look
  • Organize closet with more bins
  • Go through tall chest of drawers- organize
  • Spray paint ceiling fan
  • New DVD player

Kambri's Bedroom
  • Paint wall shelf
  • Declutter and reorganize (This is an on-going project for anyone with kids)
  • Get writing off the wall (I tried a magic eraser and it didn't work. Any other suggestions aside from painting over it?) A little elbow grease and hairspray is what did the trick!!

Upstairs Bathroom
  • Take down molding around window and put up more of a plastic type molding
  • Repaint floor molding around tub (Yay for water...)
  • Be on lookout for used cupboard to refinish and hang above the toilet for added storage
  • Mirror for wall
  • Apply caulking strip around tub
  • Replace tub
  • Replace surround with tile

Toy Room

  • Declutter and reorganize
  • Prime and paint door
  • Finish hanging sheetrock
  • Tape and paint

Taylor's Room

  • Take down wallpaper
  • Paint room and molding
  • New bedding set
  • New DVD player

Family Room
  • Repaint molding
  • Spray paint bookshelves and entertainment center then place together on same wall- creating a faux entertainment center and freeing up space on other walls COS
  • Go through and get rid of majority of VHS movies that do not get watched
  • Go through and get rid of books

Laundry Room

  • Finish walls & paint
  • Paint cupboards
  • Replace ceiling sections

Outside
  • What can I do with rusty sheds?
  • Lay sod below flower box area in front yard
  • Paint flower bed box
  • Old window pane decoration on front of house
  • Back corner of backyard, fill in hole with dirt- then fill area with gravel
  • Vinyl fence
  • Clean up flower bed on side of house
  • Add shelves under carport by the cupboards
  • Figure out a way of organizing tools, outdoor tools, household project supplies, etc. Any ideas?
  • Paint peaks of awning in backyard
  • Finish filling the flower bed in the backyard
  • Tear down wood shed and haul it away
  • Close in back portion of carport and add a door
  • Buy modular storage for enclosed area
Throughout the entire house I would like to start replacing the doors as well as either painting or replacing the closet doors.

I'd also like to replace all window blinds throughout the house. - Done

Wow! That's a lot of stuff. Some of these projects/purchases will be quite some time before they can be tackled and/or funded, but this is all part of my comprehensive master list and the unloading my brain thing. :)

4 comments:

  1. on your joint compound and paint over wall paper deally, make sure you use a good primer before hand, we tried it and lets just say that the paint ended up bringing down the wallpaper for us. If you would like help I am sure I could be available, I like that kind of stuff.
    Ikea is a great place to get your bins for you organizing they come in all sorts of colors and are cheap cheap cheap!!!! u can spray paint your rusty shed with the rustoleum spray paint it, hides the rust and helps it from coming back, but it is a BIG task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny is this? I was thinking MERE MINUTES AGO that I'm going to unload MY household to-do projects on my blog! Great minds, sister. Great minds.
    As far as your painting projects, I'll swap my services for yours when I begin my painting. :) Not that you don't already owe me some serious paint help of course.
    And the crafty stuff, we already decided we're gonna do them together so that should make the tasks less daunting! Tiff has already done a window thingy, so I told her we'd recruit her help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really need to go to the thrift store and yard sales together - I found a really cute cabinet at the DI the other day. In fact I almost got it for myself and that I needed to finish what projects I have before tackling new ones. And at yard sales two weeks ago I found the cutest window/mirror thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy. Hey... I have a DVD player that you could use for Hollie's room - come over and get it. We got a new one when we re-did our downstairs (which you still need to come and see, by the way). Hey - maybe you could come over and see the projects I've done and pick up the DVD player. :D

    ReplyDelete