Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sane Summer Happenings

Update: 9-6-09
There were some things I did great with this summer and others not so great. All I can say is I'm glad kids are back in school. I need some downtime and some structure back in our home!!! It was a fun summer and it flew by quickly!!
----------------------------------------------------

Summer vacation is upon us. I am determined to be a 'fun' mom this summer and to try getting everyone in my family out and doing more! It is also my goal for all of us to enjoy a 'sane' summer together! :)

I've told both Taylor and Hollie that they need to make a list of things they want to do this summer. My focus is to do one 'fun' activity each week. That's not to say that we can't do more, but I have a few motives with this.

#1- I will have something to use as leverage in trying to keep the kiddos in line.
#2- It is summer after all and it's SUPPOSED to be fun!!!
#3- I am trying to become a funner Mom, remember?!

So I've got our initial list and I'll add to it as I go. And of course, due to being a Penny Pincher I'm all about finding the cheapest forms of entertainment. Therefore, as I continue getting my list put together I'll keep you posted on those types of things too!

  • West Yellowstone Condo Trip
  • Walker Cinema Matinees Tickets (Out of 6 sets of tickets, we used FOUR movies off of them. Shaun and Holl went one day and Holl went with my MIL to 2 others. Note to self: we won't be buying those next summer.)
  • Swimming outings
  • Bowling
  • Miniature Golfing
  • Treehouse Museum
  • Swimming lessons
  • Willow Park & picnic
  • Camping w/friends (this is really going out on a limb for me as I'm not a camper by nature and this type of thing is really not me. BUT...I used to enjoy camping.)
  • Lagoon
  • Running through the Sprinklers (at home and w/Stephanie) :)
  • Outings w/Emily, Katie and kids
  • Extra trip to the condo w/kiddos
  • Taylor & Shaun to a Bees Game
  • Hollie & I to the monthly scrap night at Alpine (this is open to the public...you should join us- $5 a project)
  • Kambri's Weekly 'Talking With Tots' Classes
  • Hollie- Honey Bee Camp at Just Bee Scrap'n
  • Chuck E Cheese
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will continue to update this post with more...please post your ideas and what you have planned for the summer! Oh, and we are looking for friends to join us in our outings! The more the merrier, right?!

5 comments:

  1. You should probably add "running through the sprinklers at Stephanie's house" to your list. :D Because we're super exciting and all.

    Your list is great - I want to be a funner mom too! What sessions did you sign up for at the pool? I signed Harli up for the June 29th one at 9:30 and the July 27th one at 10:15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont forget trips to Idaho! We need to plan ASAP! I have been trying to think of fun stuff to do this summer too. I bought the summer movie tickets. I plan on breaking the rules and sneaking in snacks! I am also doing weekly library trips to keep us up on summer reading. I also plan on going to different parks. I really dont like parks so this will be a stretch for me. I am on the lookout for ideas too! Lets talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You also need to add sprinklers at my house! haha! Emily's idea for the library is an excellent one! You know your kiddos love the library! I'd be happy to accompany you on those library visits.
    How about bike rides/walks?
    And Hogle Zoo.
    What about setting up a tent in the backyard and sleeping outside? Or even on the trampoline. Try remembering things we loved doing as kids.
    Have a water fight with your kids outside, like Mom and Dad did with us. I loved that day! I'm all for joining in on that one as well.
    Have a movie night where you go pick out a movie to rent, get popcorn and drinks and spend the evening in the family room with your family. Splurge for pizza and eat pizza while you watch your movie.
    Have a family game night - let each person choose their fave game. Have fun treats
    Bake something together, like suckers, cookies etc. Or even make play-dough.
    Make T-shirts with different shaped sponges (can buy for cheap) and paint, glitter glue, fabric markers, etc.
    Who knew I had so many ideas in this head of mine?! I hope some of them help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok kell, I have a few ideas that might be fun
    1- Come to the christians for Fire and smores, we do a camp fire most night on the weekend in our backyard, then we roast marshmellow's, sometimes we play night games and then follow up by sleeping on the tramp.
    2-camping in your back yard is always fun, we set up the tent and then have a mini campout, the kids always enjoy that one.
    3-hang out with the crazy Christian clan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also, invited you to the Treehouse museum which you brushed off......so there was one for the kids too!!! Holla could have been fun! Good luck with those...I'm feeling the same way and mine is almost two. If I have more kids I'll go more crazy... we could visit in the loonie house.

    ReplyDelete