Monday, September 14, 2009

Toy Room In Progress

This toy room continually causes me heartburn. It's unfinished and hopefully sooner than later we'll get her all fixed up. For now it works...if I can just get the girls to play in there rather than taking all of the contents to every other room in the house.

Before:


After:
Bags/purses have always been a continual problem in our home. So for now, I decided to hang screws in the 2x4's that they can hang on. A little redneck I realize, but frankly...I'm glad to have somewhere to put them temporarily.



This view is from looking in from the door. It's sort of an odd-size room, just long and narrow. Ah well, it works for now. And I've TOTALLY been downsizing on toys. That got me motivated to do a yard sale here in a couple weeks. I told the kids that anything of theirs that sells, they get the $$. Hopefully that'll entice them to find more than then otherwise would.


Not a huge transformation, but it looks a lot better than it did. The before pictures were done after a little big of cleaning up. I always seem to forget to take the befores.

If you see any other suggestions, I'm all ears. :)

2 comments:

  1. It's looking so good! It almost makes me want to go play Barbies :) Are the girls playing in it anymore these days since you've made these changes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks GREAT! I like the purses on the wall thing, too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete