Monday, July 6, 2009

Hollie's Updated Room

As advised by Sunshine, I did a little rearranging in Hollie's room and I really like how it turned out! I don't have before pictures but there was a lot of Princess decals all over her wall and I never liked how it looked from the beginning because it just looked cluttered. Hollie constantly is hanging up various pictures that she draws on our walls, so for now, those are down also. I did let her choose a few things that she still wanted on her walls though.

Hollie got a new Hannah Montana bedding set for her birthday. So we changed our her Disney Princesses to Hannah. And the guitar decal that she got from Aunt Sissy for her b-day was the perfect touch for above her bed. This room is not totally complete yet, but not sure what I'll do with the rest. And we need to finish some organizing in the closet and her tall set of drawers.
I have a habit of pushing furniture against the walls and because Hollie's room is rather large, the bed positioned this way really gives it an entirely different look.

I tried organizing and decluttering her desk a bit, although there is still a lot on there. But Hollie did help me go through her books and we got rid of a bunch of them that she doesn't care about. She loves helping me with these types of projects.
How many kids beg you to rearrange their room?! :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I love how her room looks now! It's definitely more grown up and fits her perfectly. I remember rearranging our rooms frequently as kids...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always rearranging my room as a kid, too.

    You know what would be a cute way to display her artwork? Have you seen those tri-fold screens/room dividers that have picture frames on them? You could find one of those for her room. It could actually serve double duty - she could use it to display her art work, and you could use it to hide clutter/toys/laundry/whatever. Actually, we could totally make one of those, I'm sure of it! Hmmm... I might have to attempt that for Harli's play room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just thought of a another cute idea for displaying kids artwork... much less expensive, too... buy a bunch of larger sized frames at DI, paint them out to be all the same color, remove the glass and backing from them, and hang them on the wall in a nice grouping (maybe even hang them from some ribbon or something). Then attach a binder clip onto the wall inside the frame so that you can easily attach artwork. Cute, huh? Hmmm... I actually have a large wall in my kitchen/dining area where I might have to do something like this. I'll have to start watching for cute frames at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete